Summary: American Conservation Experience, a Nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) is seeking ONE Assistant Grant Specialist to assist the Division of Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration (WSFR) in the administration of grants to state fish and wildlife agencies and Native American tribes.
The Assistant Grant Specialist will assist a staff of five biologists who partner with state fish and wildlife agencies, Native American tribes and conservation organizations throughout the Northeast to achieve on the ground conservation results. WSFR annually administers over $200 million in about 800 grants primarily to state fish and wildlife agencies to conserve fish and wildlife species and their habitats, provide for aquatic resource and hunter education programs, and expand and improve fish and wildlife oriented recreation and boating access opportunities for the public.
This opportunity is intended for enthusiastic young professionals with a deep interest in advancing their career goals in the USFWS or natural resources management on our public lands out of the Northeast Regional Office, USFWS.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a degree (or be pursuing a degree) in biology, environmental science, or natural resource management or other related disciplines appropriate to the position. A combination of relevant education and appropriate experience is also acceptable.
• Fellowship is available to US Citizens and Permanent Resident only
• Fellow must be between the age of 18 and 35
• A valid driver's license, clean driving record, and ability to provide documentation; a personal vehicle is required
• Effective communication skills
• Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
• Ability to gather, organize, and interpret literature and relevant source materials
• Ability and willingness to undergo a Federal criminal background check
• Strong desire to enter the public service field as a natural resource professional
• Ability to prepare outreach materials including maps, graphics, and figures for social media and both internal and external audiences
• Experience and/or knowledge in the mission of the USFWS and other land management agencies
To Apply: Please submit a thoughtful resume and cover letter along with 3 professional references using the APPLY NOW section located on the upper right hand corner of the position listing on our website here: https://usaconservationepic.applicantpool.com/jobs/