SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking field technicians to support the Flagstaff, Arizona office's riparian bird surveys along the lower Colorado River between Lake Mohave and Yuma, Arizona. These are temporary, hourly positions. Start date is March 23, 2017; end date will be in early June.
Duties will include conducting standardized area searches for birds along the lower Colorado River. Daily computer data entry required.
• A minimum of one (1) field season of point count surveys, spot mapping, and/or area searches
• Ability to work closely with other biologists, have full hearing and color vision
• Ability to stoop/crawl through dense vegetation and tolerance of hot temperatures, high humidity, and biting insects
• Current First Aid/CPR certification
• Current eligibility to work in the U.S.
• A valid driver's license
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience with identification of southwestern U.S. riparian birds
Compensation and Schedule: $17.51 per hour plus $4.27/hr fringe benefit. Work schedule is 10 days on (80 hours) and 4 days off. Housing and vehicles provided for the field. Mileage reimbursement is provided for work related use of personal vehicles. Positions will be filled as soon as qualified applicants are identified.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.