1 of 8 of the following White Mountain Hut locations:
Carter, Madison, Lakes, Mizpah, Zealand, Galehead, Greenleaf, Lonesome.
Huts Management team, and resident Hutmaster
August 14th, 2017- September 20th/September 27th/ October 25th
End date based on hut location as some facilities close earlier in the fall due to inclement weather conditions.
Full service hut employees are responsible for all daily operations at their hut, including back country education, guest service, and facility maintenance. AMC depends on these individuals to represent our organization and provide an enjoyable mountain experience for each overnight guest and day visitor. Employees are expected to continue the traditions of High Mountain Hospitality: providing good company, great food, and clean, comfortable accommodations. This spirit has been a beacon to hikers in the Whites for over 125 years.
All hut positions require excellent guest service skills, back country experience, and a commitment to providing safe and delicious food to guests. Back country medical training and environmental education experience are strongly preferred. The standard work schedule is 11 days at the hut and 3 days off. Daily assignments (cooking, packing, cleaning, morning and evening support, interpretive programs) are all shared and will be organized by the resident Hutmaster. AMC has zero tolerance for the abuse of children. Any employee with access to children will have a criminal record check performed and have references checked regarding their past work with children.
• Hike food and supplies to the hut (50 pounds or more).
• Voluntarily participate in search and rescue operations.
• Present educational programs.
• Answer questions and give trail advice at the hut information desk.
• Clean all facilities daily.
• Prepare and serve breakfast and dinner meals.
• Greet, register, and assist overnight guests.
• Sell the 10 Essential hiking gear, publications, and basic souvenir items.
All hut positions require excellent guest service skills, backcountry experience, and a commitment to the goals of AMC. Backcountry medical training and environmental education experience are strongly preferred. Hutmasters and Assistants must have a firm grasp of hut operations, leadership ability, excellent communication skills and organizational abilities. .
• Due to hours worked, applicants must be 18 years of age.
• Ability to live and work closely with a small staff.
• Friendly, outgoing manner and commitment to public service.
• Backcountry experience.
• Strong knowledge of White Mountains/AMC, desirable.
• Wilderness medical certification, preferable.
• Environmental education/interpretation experience, desirable.
• Food service experience, desirable.
To apply visit: www.outdoors.org/employment. Select the "Seasonal Employment & Internships" Tab. Select the "Hut Crew-Fall 2017" Box, and follow the application instructions from there!