Looking for an awesome place to work this fall? Come work on a Utah Conservation Corps field crew based in MOAB, UT! Here you will be surrounded by iconic red rock and canyon country. Plus, you will work with others who share your love of the outdoors.
UCC field crews complete projects on Utah's public lands, such as habitat restoration, invasive species removal, fence construction, and forest fuels reduction. Crews camp during the project week and return to Moab, Utah for their off-time. The first two weeks of the season are spent training crew members on safe and proper tools use, including chainsaws, wilderness first aid, and project techniques. Then members are assigned to a 4-person crew and spend 10 weeks on project work.
Position Dates: August 22 - November 15, 2017
*Do you have conservation and leadership experience? We are also looking for crew leader applicants for our Moab Field Office. See our website for a position description.
**Crew Member positions are also available based out of Logan, Cedar City, and Salt Lake City, Utah.
• Great attitude and love of the outdoors, including ability to work outdoors 10 hours/day and camp for 4-10 days at a time
• Ability and willingness to work hard as part of a small crew
• At least 18 years of age
• US Citizen or permanent resident
• Must meet AmeriCorps eligibility requirements
• Living allowance, $550 paid twice per month
• $1,527 in AmeriCorps Education Award
• Wilderness First Aid Certification
• Chainsaw training
Submit the online application found at www.utahconservationcorps.org. UCC hires on a rolling basis. Positions open until filled. APPLY TODAY!