SPECIES seeks a Research Intern to join our organization. The internship will provide an opportunity to learn about many facets of conservation work, develop research skills, and enhance their professional career growth and development.
• Assist the director directly in gathering information on a diverse range of topics
• Contribute to the collection and analysis of data to inform programmatic decisions and support development and implementation of various projects
• Research subjects will vary widely, and may include: Research on the biology, ecology, and conservation status of a particular species; information on a specific conservation issue and its impact on local communities; background on other conservation organizations, including their previous and current projects, and future opportunities for collaboration; research into potential donors, philanthropic support, organizations, individuals, corporations, foundations, and other funding institutions; finding potential grants and funding sources
•Other duties and ad-hoc projects
• Current undergraduate student enrolled in a relevant field is preferred
• Able to work for 2 -3 months
• Excellent research skills with keen attention to detail
• Ability to work independently under some supervision
• Organized and rigorous in work
• Flexible, eager to learn, and excited about carnivore conservation
To apply, please send a cover letter and copy of your resume to email@example.com. Clearly state which of the intern positions you are applying for.