Compensation and Location: Starting salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications. Preferred location is South Dakota.
Last Date to Apply
The Pheasants Forever Development Officer is responsible for developing new private and public funding relationships and partnership programs with the goal of accelerating mission accomplishments through delivery of Organizational Campaigns, growing organizational revenue, diversifying revenue streams, and generating additional unrestricted funds. This position has a geographic focus on the northern Great Plains and upper Midwest, and it serves as a national resource for Pheasants Forever personnel related to development activities and partnership initiatives. The Development Officer works with the Vice President of Development to meet the mission and financial needs of the organization by developing successful funding relationships to help accomplish the organization’s strategic priorities.
RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS:
• Provide leadership for the successful execution and delivery of Pheasants Forever’s strategic initiatives and fundraising goals.
• Assist with establishing the framework and objectives of the current comprehensive Campaign, as well as the successful implementation and execution of the Campaign.
• Spearhead development initiatives that are consistent with the organization’s strategies and designed to secure new private, corporate, government, and foundation funding opportunities, as well as strategic partnerships.
• Serves as an organizational “rainmaker” to develop new partnerships and funding sources.
• Work collaboratively with state, regional, and national team members in the identification and pursuit of strategic Pheasants Forever partners and funders to advance the organization’s priorities with respect to revenue growth, policy development, habitat delivery, and education and outreach.
• Actively lead and participate in partner and donor cultivation activities designed to increase support for strategic habitat initiatives.
• Work collaboratively with PF/QF team members to identify foundations and corporate entities with funding priorities consistent with our mission, while striving to obtain funding to advance organizational initiatives and projects. Funding proposals shall be prepared in accordance with organizational standards.
• Work closely with members of the North Region Team to ensure a consistent and strategic approach is employed for all new and existing partnerships and funding sources.
• Be a staunch advocate for Pheasants Forever’s permanent habitat protection and land acquisition initiatives.
• Coordinate with the Public Policy, Corporate Relations, Marketing, Education & Outreach, and Field Operations sectors of the organization to develop new initiatives and funding strategies.
• Work with the Grant Administration Department to ensure that all government agency relationships and grant-funded programs are consistent with the organization’s priorities, policies, and administrative capacity requirements.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with all PF/QF team members, corporate partners, agencies, and funders to ensure an open, collaborative, and inclusive approach to developing and maintaining programs and funding.
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Significant travel involved.
• A passion for Pheasants Forever’s mission.
• B.A. or B.S. degree or higher with significant relevant business development or commensurate sales experience.
• Proven and demonstrated success in leading fundraising efforts including experience cultivating and soliciting major donors, foundations, and corporations in support of program and operational activities.
• Seasoned skills in the area of campaign fundraising, planned giving, and grant writing.
• Extensive experience cultivating, developing, and maintaining successful relationships and funding proposals with federal, state, corporate, foundation, private, and other partners.
• Working knowledge of real estate transactions and land use trends is preferred.
• An energetic, well organized, and detailed individual who has a strong record of leadership, teamwork, and success.
• Superior interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies, including principal partners, donors, board members, national team members, volunteers, and leadership in the field are a must.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively, as well as excellent oral, public speaking, and written communication.
• Intellectual agility and demonstrated ability to think strategically, particularly in the area of prospect/donor strategy.
• Emotionally intelligent, with a high sense of self-awareness and impact on others.
• Must possess a minimum three years of experience in successful fundraising and/or exceptional and proven sales and service experience.
Application Closing Date: April 1, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: May 1, 2017
To Apply: Visit our Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs. Please combine your cover letter, resume and three references in a Word document or PDF file before uploading to the Recruitment website.
For more information: Contact David R. Bue, Pheasants Forever Vice President of Development, at
218-340-5519 or email@example.com.
Pheasants Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.