Title: Ecological restoration tech
Agency: Dare Ecosystem Management, LLC
Location: SE WI
Last Date to apply: June 30, 2017
Contact: Staffing specialist
E-mail: email@example.com (Preferred). No phone calls.
Ecological Restoration Tech
Start Date: Mid June preference
Duration: there is the possibility of permanent placement upon demonstration of work ethic, dependability, and job performance after 90 day probation period.
Dare Ecosystem Management is seeking individuals to fill Ecological Restoration Technicians positions for start date of June 17th-2017(or after) (multiple positions)(possible longer term position available).
Working with experienced DEM staff, technicians will assist with management activities on the 3,000 plus acres of land and nature preserves they manage in Southeast WI. The majority of the work is ecosystem restoration and includes a strong emphasis on invasive species management, prescribed fire, herbicide application, native seeding,and work with chainsaws and brush cutters. The 3000 plus acres of land DEM, manages provides opportunities to work with natural plant communities, identify threats to native ecosystems, and the effective tools and methods for management. Technicians will be responsible for the daily on the ground invasive species and ecological management that is conducted. Technicians will directly report to Principal Ecologist and Ecological Restoration Supervisor.
A resume, cover letter, and three references (including a brief description of how you know the reference) must be sent to email address below.
Applicants must have (Minimum):
- A degree in a natural resource related field, or experience conducting ecological restoration or a committed interest in conducting ecological restoration with some outdoor working experience. Or working towards that
- Be prepared for physically demanding work in a variety of weather conditions. Past experience conducting this type of work should be documented.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
-Basic knowledge of ecology
-Intermediate mechanical skills
-Must be able to consistently and safely lift up to 50 pounds for extended periods of time
-Must be able to work with a team and independently
-Have experience working near heavy equipment
-Must be certified pesticide applicator for the state of WI or able to obtain before first day of work.
- Ability to identify SE WI native plants
- Ability to use hand tools and small machinery like brush cutters, chainsaws, mowers is a plus. Should be proficient with these tools.
-Willingness to travel and work in remote areas for significant period-Proficient with MS word, excel.
Applicants that have these skills are a plus (not required) (Preferred)
- A degree in a natural resource related field, or experience conducting ecological restoration or a committed interest in conducting ecological restoration with some outdoor working experience.
-A year experience conducting ecological restoration or management
-GIS, GPS, air photo interpretation, ground truthing experience
-Degree in forestry
-Work experience in landscaping, forestry, carpentry or similar line of physically demanding work
- Experience with Herbicide application and record keeping
- Expertise in Small engine repair and upkeep.
- Ability to use smart phone
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and problem solving skills.
-Experience with spraying equipment, operation, and calibration
-Experience with ATV’s
-Experience with trucks and trailers
-Experience conducting prescribed burns.
Dare Ecosystem Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer
Email resume to(Staffing Specialist): firstname.lastname@example.org
please post June position in email title