$270 per week plus a private room in the staff house w/ wireless internet and laundry facility. Meals when working are also provided. Normally five day work weeks with some weekend work required.
Last Date to Apply
1) Facilitate ground initiatives, team challenge course elements and high ropes activities with middle and
high school students, as well as some adult groups in the Soaring Thru Spaces Program.
2) Provide instruction for over 20 programs in environmental science and cultural history to elementary
school students in the Environmental Education Program.
3) Provide leadership for GPS-based, outdoor science explorations with middle school students in Project
4) Enhance the mental, physical, and social development of the students participating in the program by
being a positive role model and an excited leader.
5) Participate in ongoing training programs that prepare staff in content knowledge, program delivery and
6) Assist in the day to day upkeep of all program supplies, program areas, and camp facilities.
Applicants should have a Bachelors degree in Environmental Studies, Education, Parks and Recreation or other related fields. Experience working with children may take the place of some college credits and alleviate degree requirements. Individuals must have a commitment to the environment, a love for working with kids, an interest in experiential education, and a ton of patience. Creativity, enthusiasm and a love for hard work in a team atmosphere are also crucial to successful job completion.
TO APPLY: Apply online through the NCSU system: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/77627
QUESTIONS: Contact Kyle Shillinglaw, Education Director