Do you enjoy spending time boating and fishing? Do you have an appreciation for enriching the lives of children through outdoor recreation? If so please consider applying for our open position as an Environmental Educator with the Florida Fishing Academy.
We are seeking someone who can teach our signature program in the Palm Beach County school system as well as working with various community centers and afterschool programs. Qualified candidates should have experience working with school-aged children (elementary, middle, and high school). A background in marine biology, environmental science, or fishing is preferred. Candidates will be responsible for their own transportation and will need to be willing to travel throughout Palm Beach County. We are also seeking an individual who would be interested in driving our School Bus and Boat. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to grow into a full-time position with a well-established, respected organization.
- Must enjoy working/teaching children
- Must have reliable transportation
- Strong swimmer, Lifeguard Certification (Training provided)
- High energy and positive attitude is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Natural Science, Environmental Education, Biology, Fisheries, or related fields is preferred.
- Prior experience working with school aged children preferred.
- Boating experience/Captains License is a plus
The Florida Fishing Academy is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization formed in 2006 for the purpose of empowering at-risk youth with positive life skills, alternatives to destructive or antisocial behavior and a sense of responsibility for shaping the world around them. FFA uses fishing and other water sports as a vehicle for delivering these lessons, weaving effective life, environmental and social skills into youth-oriented, hands-on educational programs through youth camps and field trips.
Please email Shannon Lalime for more information. Include resume/CV. email@example.com