Interpoll Laboratories, a full service environmental laboratory, has an Environmental Field Technician opportunity available. The Field Technician is part of a team of environmental professionals that collect samples from smoke stacks located at ethanol plants, corn mills, utilities & cogeneration facilities, mineral processing plants, and pulp & paper mills as well as many other manufacturing facilities.
The Field Technician position is entry level. Responsibilities include:
• Air sample collection at industrial facilities by way of sampling ports on smoke stacks.
• Preparing solutions and equipment needed to collect samples.
• Maintaining and calibrating, assembling, operating, and repairing of stack testing equipment.
• Transporting equipment and samples to and from jobsites meeting DOT/CMV driver requirements.
Candidates must be able to work at heights, in all types of weather conditions and comfortable standing, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, and lifting up to 100 lbs. on a frequent basis. Work days are frequently in excess of 8 hours and overtime is likely; weekend work is rare. At the job site, the Environmental Field Technician works under the supervision of the Field Engineer.
Overnight travel and field work is required as the majority of work is performed within a 400-mile radius of Circle Pines, Minnesota.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license. Must have/maintain a clean driving record. 2. An associate degree or bachelor’s degree in a science field is preferred but not required.
3. Ability to work at elevated heights including smoke stacks, scaffolding and aerial lifts.
4. Must be mechanically-inclined, eager to learn, and a self-motivator. Strong problem solving skills required with the ability to learn procedures with minimal training.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to interface directly with team members and clients.
6. Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
7. Must meet Department of Transportation standards for Commercial Motor Vehicle drivers, including physical and medical requirements, and pass substance abuse screening. As a safety sensitive employee, is subject to random substance abuse checks.
Interpoll Laboratories offers several health plan options. We also provide a 401k retirement plan, life insurance, long term disability insurance, holiday pay, paid time off, uniform allowance and per diem of $40/day.
Please send resumes to Margo Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org