Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
The Watershed Company
Full time Positions
Salary depends on experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical/dental insurance, continuing education, performance bonuses, retirement program with future matched payments and opportunities for ownership.
The Watershed Company, a regional leader in science-based planning and design for environmental restoration, is seeking experienced candidates within the fields of environmental permitting and planning. Successful candidates will work with a multidisciplinary team of accomplished scientists, planners, engineers, arborists, and landscape architects in a growing 33-year-old employee-owned company based in Kirkland, Washington.
Duties and Expectations
- Preparation of environmental permits and documentation, including USACE 404, HPA, shoreline, 401 WQ Cert, local area permits, SEPA/NEPA, and preparation of Environmental Impact Statements
- Assist with development of environmental policy that protects natural resources in concert with the interests of people and communities to create sustainable solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (testing may be required)
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Interacting and communicating with clients, regulators, and staff at all levels
- Ability to juggle competing demands and identify critical path
- Conduct field work (occasional) in locations across the Pacific Northwest
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- 3+ years of experience performing above duties
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, environmental science, or a related field
- Experience with local, state, and federal permitting
- Experience with both marine and freshwater projects throughout Puget Sound
- Ability to work cooperatively on multidisciplinary projects
- Experience in oral presentations
- Experience with GIS
- Knowledge and experience with Pacific Northwest vegetation and wildlife
- Additional expertise and associated accreditation in one or more of the following: fisheries biology, stream ecology, wetlands, wildlife, ISA Certified Arborist, Marbled Murrelet Marine Monitor
Send cover letter and resume to Jobs@watershedco.com. Please include the words “Environmental Planner” in the subject line.