Under direction of the Board of Directors, the ED is responsible for overall management and operation of the organization, including: fundraising, financial management, program and event management, volunteer recruitment and coordination, marketing and public relations, and community outreach. The employee must have strong organizational experience, be able to work independently, and have a passion for making a difference in the community.
The ED will be expected to develop deep knowledge of Green Star’s core programs, operations, and business plans. The ED will ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
• Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff. Carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
• Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in the organization's work.
• Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations in a timely manner.
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in local recycling efforts and green business practices.
Responsibilities include: Fundraising & Communications (50%), Growth & Development (20%), and Leadership & Management (30%).
A full job description is available on Green Star's website.
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree with well-rounded professional experience. Track record of increasing responsibility within local and/or regional nonprofit organizations.
• Preferred: 3 years of senior management experience and familiarity with Bloomerang.
• Competence with Quickbooks required.
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to manage and develop high performance teams.
• Set and achieve strategic objectives and manage a $200,000 budget. • Strong marketing and public relations experience. Persuasive and passionate, mission-driven and self-directed.
• Demonstrated ability of fundraising for a nonprofit organization, especially with direct person-to-person or
• Current Driver’s license and use of personal vehicle to attend meeting and errands (mileage reimbursed).
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.