The Hill Country Land Trust seeks a dynamic candidate for executive director, willing to work across all aspects of nonprofit management. The executive director handles the day-to-day operation of HCLT, and serves as the public face of the organization. The executive director works under the guidance of the board president and in consultation with the full board of directors and board committees. Primary responsibilities include fundraising, public outreach and education, event planning, management of our land conservation and stewardship programs, and financial management. The executive director will also have the responsibility to work with conservation easement donors, manage volunteers, and staff.
• Undergraduate degree required, preferably in a natural resources field, business or public administration, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience in resource management, business, non-profit management, fundraising, land conservation and natural resource management, real estate, communications, marketing, or a related field.
• Proven development and fundraising skills, nonprofit management, and grant writing experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact well with a wide variety of people, including landowners, government officials, the press, scientists, donors, the general public, and a diverse board of directors.
• Ability to manage, motivate, and direct staff and volunteers.
• Ability to combine sound business sense and judgment with a strong commitment to the protection of the unique ecological, scenic and diminishing natural resources of the Texas Hill Country.
• Proficiency with computer applications and office systems.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and own a personal vehicle to carry out duties related to the job.
Send cover letter, list of three references, and resume to Scott Gardner, HCLT President, via e-mail at office@HillCountryLandTrust.org or call 830-997-0027 for more information. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, though applicants are encouraged to apply by May 14, 2017. The position will remain open until filled.