Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Fish and Wildlife Technician I (Big Rivers Wildlife Management Area/State Forest): Kentucky
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources
Big Rivers Wildlife Management Area and State Forest, Sturgis, KY
Hourly: $11.224 – $14.869
Last Date to Apply
Examples of Duties:
• Manage Habitat for Wildlife: Learns to and Manage habitat through the use of agriculture practices (i.e. mowing, disking and planting of seed) as directed by supervisor. Learns to and Uses equipment and chemicals according to KDFWR policies and industry safety standards. (Requires 40% of time)
• Learns to and Maintains Building and Grounds: Conducts maintenance and repairs of buildings, boundaries, signs, roads and gates (i.e. by painting boundary, mowing roadsides and undesirable vegetation, use of chainsaw, etc) as directed by the supervisor. (Requires 30% of time).
• Learns to and Assists with Research and Restoration: Assists supervisor with hunter check stations. Assists with wildlife surveys and wildlife restoration/research (waterfowl and dove banding) as directed. (Requires 20 % of time)
• Learns to and Maintains Administrative Records and Submits Reports: Makes minor purchases following KDFWR purchasing guidelines and submits receipts as directed in a timely manner. Maintains inventory records and equipment maintenance records. Submits monthly activity reports in a timely manner. (Requires 5% of time).
• Disseminates KDFWR Information to the Public: Provides KDFWR (fishing, hunting, and boating) information to the public and other agencies via phone calls and personal contacts and performs other duties as assigned. (Requires 5% of time).
Work hours up to 37.5 hours/week.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Graduate. Substitution for High School Graduate includes experience in fisheries or wildlife management which will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis. Must have/maintain a valid driver’s license while employed in this position.
To apply, please send a resume with references to John Zimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.