Base salary, commensurate with experience; Annual profit sharing bonus; Retirement plan; Health and dental insurance; Paid time off; Work vehicle provided
Last Date to Apply
Performs all field and other related work required to service each of the company’s customers and to help the business grow by performing the following duties:
• Diagnose and treat for algae, submersed and floating weeds, shoreline weeds, non-desirable buffer vegetation, or other unwanted vegetation and water quality issues
• Perform quantitative and qualitative fishery and aquatic investigations and analysis using a variety of techniques including: electrofishing, seining, and netting as it pertains to each site and client.
• Transport and stock fish into ponds and lakes throughout the SOLitude service area.
• Support the Fisheries Team and support staff with fisheries field and technical support.
• Assess fisheries habitat in ponds and lakes and install beneficial habitat as needed.
• Perform bathymetry studies to create contour maps of lakes and ponds.
• Perform fountain and aerator installs, repairs, and maintenance.
• Communicate daily with all clients as needed to keep them informed of work performed, issues discovered, and any other item of need or interest.
• Extended/overnight travel will be required at times for training and professional functions as well as to remote locations for fish sampling operations.
• Work daily to ensure that all equipment, trucks, trailers, and warehouse facilities are maintained in a clean and organized manner.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in fisheries science or closely related field
Preferred experience: Five years in a fisheries-related position (a Master’s degree may substitute for two years’ experience)
• Fish sampling techniques, especially boat electrofishing
• Fisheries management
• Fish ecology
• Aquatic vegetation identification and management
• Boat hauling and operation
• Mechanical/trade skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Critical thinker
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Vic DiCenzo at: firstname.lastname@example.org