A Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst (Research Associate II Special) position is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML). The duty location is Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. This position will require occasional travel, up to a week in duration, to supported Air Force Bases. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Relocation expenses are NOT available for this position.
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
The position location is Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
The GIS Analyst will coordinate and manage the standardization of environmental spatial data for four U.S. Air Force Bases. The successful candidate will work independently with remote supervision and be responsible for multiple installations’ environmental spatial data. The GIS analyst will be responsible for collection and evaluation of existing spatial data in various environmental programs at bases within their area of responsibility. Ensure spatial data meets standard metadata and attribute requirements, as well as prepare documents including but not limited to spatial data gap analysis and quality assurance reports. Provide GIS support as needed to environmental programs managers within their area of responsibility. Perform field data collection using Global Positioning Systems (GPS), rectify aerial photography, digitize features from imagery, and utilize environmental reports for data development.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Annual salary range $58,000 -$62,000. Continuation of the position is dependent on the receipt of funding from the sponsor for Research Associate II efforts at Vandenberg Air Force Base.
Colorado State University offers a generous benefits package including 24 days of paid vacation leave, tuition credits, excellent health insurance (including vision and dental), and retirement plans with 11.5% matching. For more information on Administrative Professional benefits, visit http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/.
Prospective candidates should apply online at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/47515. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later than July 23, 2017, for full consideration. Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birthdates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1. Statement of Qualifications (one page letter addressing each qualification described in announcement)
3. Transcripts (for each degree earned that is listed under qualifications)
4. Degree Conferral (copy of diploma if transcripts do not include confirmation that degree was awarded)
5. Three references (contact information for professional references including at least one supervisor, references will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates)
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce, and complies with all federal and Colorado state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
See a complete listing of open CEMML positions at http://www.cemml.colostate.edu.
POSITION #: 020555.0001
• The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
• Minimum of a BS or BA degree in computer science, information technology, geographic information systems, geography, environmental science, or related field and three years of demonstrated related work experience is required; course work will not be included.
• He or she must have demonstrated work experience applying spatial data standards and maintaining metadata.
• The successful applicant shall demonstrate experience in all of the following: environmental-related GIS, Esri’s ArcGIS software, cartography, and data development and maintenance.
• Other required qualifications are the ability to work independently, take initiative to resolve issues, and demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills.
• He or she must be able to pass the DoD background check for a Common Access Card (CAC). Furthermore, candidates are required at a minimum to complete a NACI/SF85 and successfully pass a federal background check to remain eligible for employment by CSU. No Foreign nationals shall be employed without prior approval of the Government.
• Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
• Desired qualifications include experience working in a highly structured organization and demonstrated knowledge of military instructions, directives, guidance, and environmental regulations and processes.
• Demonstrated work experience with the U.S. Air Force GeoBase program, Spatial Data Standards for Facility, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE), and International Organization Standardization (ISO) or Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) metadata standards is preferred. Existing National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is highly desired.