Application Deadline: May 15, 2017
Location: Glen Elder WA – Glen Elder, KS
Wilson WA – Bunker Hill, KS
Melvern WA – Reading, KS
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2017
Overview: These positions are a part of a partnership between Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks (KDWP) and Habitat Forever, LLC (HF). The incumbents will conduct habitat management work on public wildlife management areas. They are full-time, permanent employees of Habitat Forever and will receive daily leadership from KDWP Field Managers. Also, when applying please indicate which specific position(s) you are applying for, and order of preference.
Duties: The incumbent will assist with all aspects of managing the assigned wildlife management area. Major responsibilities include:
• Directing, supervising, and implementing habitat management work on public wildlife areas;
• Procuring supplies and equipment;
• Supervising and participating in the construction, maintenance and repair of area buildings, equipment, and roads;
• Coordinating agricultural permits to insure positive benefits for wildlife;
• Providing public information;
• Participating in scientific field studies and surveys;
• Participating in training and evaluation of seasonal employees.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• A basic understanding of environmental, agricultural and/or natural resource science. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the partners. Preference will be given to candidates that possess a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in wildlife management;
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and partner agencies;
• Ability to work independently with little supervision;
• Knowledge of wildlife ecology, wetland and grassland management including the ability to utilize various habitat management equipment and tools in the development of wildlife habitat;
• Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills;
• Valid driver’s license required.
Training and Experience Guideline: Any combination of training and/or experience that will enable the applicant to possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities. One year of work experience in a wildlife management related job. A general qualification guideline for this position is a Bachelor of Science Degree in Wildlife Management or closely related natural resources field and/or related field experience.
o Apply: Visit our Recruitment website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter explaining why this position is a good fit for you, resume, and 3 references into a single Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website. Also, indicate which specific position(s) you are applying for, and order of preference.
If you have additional questions, please contact Matt O’Connor, Habitat Forever Coordinator 563-926-2357, email@example.com
Pheasants Forever, Inc & Habitat Forever, LLC is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled