The National Institute of Ecology (NIE) is the largest ecological research, education, and exhibition complex in the Republic of Korea, and aims to become a global comprehensive ecological research agency contributing to the sustainable use of eco-friendly services for the benefit of the planet. The NIE is affiliated with the Korea Ministry of Environment, and is located in an eco-friendly town called Seocheon, on the west coast of the Korean peninsula.
The NIE is currently seeking enthusiastic researchers who can work in collaboration with Korean researchers on areas of Ecological Conservation and International Cooperation.
Successful candidates will carry out research in a collaborative environment, will be coordinated with ongoing team projects, and if possible, carry out their own independent research. In addition, they will be assigned to the Bureau of Ecological Research.
-Title/Position : Research Associate/ Invited Senior Researcher
-Research Area : Ecological Conservation(Invasive Species, Ecological
Modeling) / International Cooperation(International Environmental
Convention, International Organization, International Cooperation
○ The main tasks are as follow:
- Conduct a seminar once a month based on the progress of the
research applicable to the candidate’s research area
- Publish a paper in their research area in a journal such as Scopus,
SCIE, and SCI, within 3months after the contract termination.
○ Professionalism: Comprehensive knowledge and experience regarding
the candidate’s Research
○ Teamwork: Work collaboratively with Korean colleagues to achieve
fruitful results in their research area
4. Required experience and qualifications
○ PhD in ecological conservation (e.g, Invasive Species, Ecological
Modeling), International Cooperation, or related fields
○ Have at least 5 years of relevant experience
○ The candidate will be required to meet the requirements for
recruitment as a temporary employee, in accordance with the
Institute’s internal regulations.
『The regulation for the recruitment of temporary employee』
○ No conditions regarding nationality or age
○ Hiring preference for disabled candidates is applied
○ Preference given to candidates who can start work immediately
○ The business hour of NIE will be from 9am to 6pm (Mandatory).
5. Working Conditions
○ Workplace: The National Institute of Ecology (Songnae-ri, Maseo-
myeon, Seocheon-gun, Chungcheongnam-do, Korea).
○ Employment Duration: Depending on the contract (1 to 6months)
○ Salary and benefits: - (Salary) Depending on the contract (~$5,000 per month including tax)
- (Round-trip air fares) Depending on the contract
- (Housing) provided
- (Leave) 1 day per month
- (Insurance) National pension, health, and occupational health
6. The selection process and notification of decision
A. Stage 1: The reviewing process
○ The candidate’s eligibility and the submitted documents will be
○ Notification of decision: individually
B. Stage 2: The interview (※ can be through a video Internet system)
○ The Web interview schedule will be given to the successful candidates
of Stage 1.
○ Notification of decision: The final decision will be given to the
successful candidates individually.
7. How to apply
- Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Application period: From June 15th through 30th
8. Additional items of note
- Submitted materials will not be returned.
- All information in the documents submitted should be factual.
• If any information submitted during the application process is found
to be inaccurate, the selected person may be subject to
repercussions including removal from the position and denial to any
right of objection.
- The decision can be withdrawn if the requirements for the recruitment
of a temporary employee are not fulfilled.
- The successful candidates must comply with the internal regulation of
- Contact methods including e-mail addresses, mobile phone numbers,
and home phone number are recommended to be included on the
- The Institute is not responsible for any disadvantages incurred when
needed information is not included or is incorrect on the application
- The schedule for this recruitment can be subject to change, and
candidates will be notified of such changes no later than 3 days
before the deadline of the application or selection process.
- If a suitable candidate is not found, the Institute may postpone the
- For more information, please visit our website www.nie.re.kr or
contact Hera by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and at +82-41-950-