The Big Sur Land Trust’s (BSLT) Land Stewardship Assistant is a full-time seasonal position (up to 9 months) that assists the stewardship department in managing land and ecological restoration projects; maintaining facilities, infrastructure, and equipment; promoting responsible land management; leading volunteer events; and performing administrative tasks. Primary duties will be to ensure facilities, roads and trails are operational, safe, and presentable and that conservation values of these properties are protected and enhanced. This is primarily a field position but will include administrative tasks and office-oriented work as well.
Big Sur Land Trust is a non-profit organization with a mission to inspire love of land and conservation of our treasured landscapes. Founded in 1978, our legacy includes conserving over 40,000 acres and increasing access to public parklands. We bring people together to conserve, restore and care for our region’s natural beauty so that everyone can benefit from experiencing nature where they live.
Start Date: July 17th (somewhat flexible)
How to apply: Please send all questions, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. At least 60 college credits toward degree in natural resources (biology, wildlife ecology, forestry, etc.)
2. Ability to manage multiple projects with deadlines
3. Self-motivated with the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, landowners, and members
4. Excellent problem-solving skills
5. Proficient with power tool operation, including chainsaws
6. Off-road driving experience using a variety of vehicles and ability to tow trailers
7. Ability to hike and work under physical strain on difficult terrain in a variety of environmental conditions
8. Computer literate
9. Willingness to occasionally work evenings or weekends