Position: Member Support Coordinator- ACE Southwest
Available Positions: 1
Location(s): Flagstaff, Arizona
Duration: Full-time, permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: ACE will schedule interviews with qualified candidates shortly after they apply, and may make a selection at any time. Please submit your materials when ready.
Organization Background: Based in Flagstaff, Arizona with additional branches in St. George, UT, Santa Cruz, CA, and Asheville, NC American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a non-profit Conservation Corps dedicated to providing professional development and outdoor job skills training to individuals (18-35) interested in careers related to conservation and land management. As a member organization of the 21st Century Conservation Service Corps (21CSC), ACE is dedicated to developing present and future generations of environmental stewards while protecting and restoring public and tribal lands throughout the nation.
ACE is a dynamic organization with the reputation for providing crews to safely and economically implement technically complex and physically demanding restoration projects for the National Park Service, US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, US Fish and Wildlife Service, and numerous state and local land management partners. ACE's leadership team is seeking two enthusiastic, driven and service oriented individuals dedicated to providing opportunities and mentorship for youth interested in protecting and restoring our nation's public lands.
Program Background: ACE provides outdoor, professional development opportunities and job-skills training to young adults interested in pursuing careers related to conservation and environmental stewardship. ACE offers rewarding and diverse programs such as the Conservation Corps and Conservation Volunteer crew programs. ACE crews support land management agencies by accomplishing various conservation projects such as trail construction/maintenance, dry stone masonry, ecological restoration, fuels reduction, and fence installation. ACE crews are generally composed of 8 12 individuals (ages 18-35) and typically work 80 hours over 8 to 9 consecutive days in outdoor settings and remote wilderness areas.
Position Description: The Member Support Coordinator will be responsible for meeting the recruitment, housing, and AmeriCorps Member management needs of ACE's Southwest Division. The Coordinator's primary responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, and orienting the AmeriCorps Members for the Southwest Division, as well as overseeing member housing, conducting AmeriCorps evaluations, and providing overall member support.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
Recruitment and Member Management
- Recruit and support ACE IMR Corps Members on an annual basis.
- Conduct interviews while developing a standard recruitment protocol and screening candidates from all backgrounds.
- Administer and allocate slots for numerous AmeriCorps grants.
- Maintain strong communication between ACE staff and all incoming and current Members.
- Conduct mid and end of term evaluations for all ACE SW AmeriCorps Members.
- Assist in managing corps member information in ACE's internal database.
- Respond to emergencies and organizing medical care for sick or injured Members (including after hours).
- Engage, oversee and support Members during their off-days in Flagstaff.
- Assist other ACE staff to mentor and develop Corps Members into stewardship and leadership roles.
- Assist with AmeriCorps compliance and other enrollment duties.
- Network and develop partnerships with organizations/entities in the local community.
Housing and Orientation
- Lead ACE/AmeriCorps orientations, Safety and Leave No Trace trainings
Organizing housing assignments for all ACE Arizona corps members across ACE housing units.
- Managing housing supervisors and coordinating and enforcing house rules and cleaning routines to ensure a comfortable, accountable and hygienic living environment.
- Purchasing housing supplies and keeping housing units regularly stocked, as well as managing ACE's tent and uniform inventory.
- Organizing maintenance and repairs for all ACE Arizona housing units, also including management of contractors to providing house maintenance that may include: painting, repair, plumbing, landscaping, tree removal, etc.
- Coordination of maintenance for all solar panel systems on ACE properties.
- Provide and oversee consistent and detailed housing orientations.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess a unique combination of attributes, including (but not limited to) strong skills in leadership, interpersonal communication, public speaking, organization, management, conflict resolution, and motivating others. The ideal candidate will have an established passion in recruiting, supporting and developing the next generation of environmental stewards and leaders. Past experience in manual labor while working and camping through adverse weather conditions in the outdoors is preferred. Ideally, this candidate will also have experience with residential youth programs.
Candidates should be flexible, adaptable, and enthusiastic while working in a fast paced, fluid, office working environment. The Member Support Coordinator must be willing to represent ACE in a safe, professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner.
Applicants must have previous experience working in a team setting with young adults as well as leadership in conservation and/or natural resource management. Applicants must also have past experience working with AmeriCorps in either a Corps Member or Staff capacity.
Leadership ability, forward-thinking, and flexibility is an asset in this position, as the ACE Southwest Outreach Department continues to evolve. The candidate should be open to growth and increased responsibility over time. Self-initiative is key in maintaining structure to the multi-faceted and demanding workflow of this position, while sustaining a constant outward vision towards future growth. Qualified individuals with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals and conduct all activities in fully accessible settings.
- A BA/BS degree (or higher) is preferred.
- Computer skills including intermediate knowledge of Excel, fluency in social media, and professional email etiquette is required.
- Experience working with AmeriCorps program compliance, administration, and management.
- Willingness to travel.
- Possess a valid driver's license, a clean driving record and willingness to submit to a full criminal history check.
Drug users, including recreational smokers of marijuana, should not consider applying as ACE reserves the right to require drug testing at any time and requires the maintenance of a drug free program at all times.
Remuneration: The selected candidate will receive $14.00 per hour for the first six months as during that time they will be working on a probationary status. Full benefits begin after six months, two weeks paid annual vacation, and sick leave. The selected candidate will become eligible for health and dental insurance after 90 days.
To Apply, please follow the link below and hit "Apply Now" on the right hand side.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact A.J. Conrad at (928-864-9560) or email@example.com.
American Conservation Experience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Conservation Experience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.