Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
The Watershed Company
Full time Positions
Salary depends on experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical/dental insurance, continuing education, performance bonuses, retirement program with future matched payments and opportunities for ownership.
The Watershed Company, a regional leader in science-based planning and design for environmental restoration, is seeking experienced candidates within the fields of wetland ecology. Successful candidates will work with a multidisciplinary team of accomplished scientists, planners, engineers, arborists, and landscape architects in a growing 33-year-old employee-owned company based in Kirkland, Washington.
Duties and Expectations:
- Conduct field visits in wetlands, riparian areas and marine environments; sometimes requiring overnight travel
- Prepare and manage projects including wetland delineations and reports, critical areas reports, function assessments, compliance monitoring and reports, and mitigation plans
- Experience with permitting documentation (USACE 404, HPA, shoreline, 401 WQ Cert, and local area permits)
- Prepare proposals for environmental services work and interact with marketing staff for business/client development activities
- Interact with clients to achieve project objectives
- Ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment
- 5+ years of experience performing above duties
- Experience understanding clients’ needs and tailoring project scopes
- Experience mentoring junior staff and guiding field efforts
- Bachelor of Science degree in biology, environmental science, or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Professional Wetland Scientist certification from the Society of Wetland Scientists
- Knowledge and experience with Pacific Northwest vegetation and wildlife (ISA arborist certification a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (testing may be required)
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Additional expertise and associated accreditation (Fisheries Biology, Stream Ecology, ISA Certified Arborist, Marbled Murrelet Marine Monitor, GIS)
- WSDOT Biological Assessment Author accreditation or other experience preparing biological assessments (BA) and biological evaluations (BE)
Send cover letter and resume to Jobs@watershedco.com. Please include the words “Mid-level Ecologist” in the subject line.