The Stewardship Alliance of Northeast Elko (SANE), a local area working group in NE Nevada, is seeking an Organizational Coordinator who is highly motivated and passionate about enhancing healthy and resilient sagebrush ecosystems through public/private partnerships while preserving livestock operations within the SANE community.
This position will require strong leadership, organizational and communication skills in a collaborative consensus based environment. This individual will be responsible for ensuring SANE’s efforts are well planned and of the highest quality and integrity.
The job will require travel within the project area on unpaved roads, and attending meetings across the State. Compensation, depending on experience and qualifications will range from $40,000-$60,000 per year. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Submission of applications ends, July 7, 2017.
To apply please provide, application letter, resume and references to: email@example.com.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
• Prefer Master’s Degree, minimum Bachelor’s Degree or five years’ work experience in ranching, agricultural production, natural resource science and policy, and/or program management.
• Experience and/or ability/willingness to learn to work with collaborative networks and diverse interests and creating and maintaining lasting relationships and partnership.
• Working knowledge of current trends, practices, and emerging challenges to livestock production, greater-sage grouse protection, and rural life in the Intermountain West.
• Understanding of executive and legislative politics and processes at the federal, state, and local level, particularly how they apply to rural Nevada.
• Some training or experience in organizational development, facilitation, and conflict resolution or desire and willingness to develop facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
• Desired, HRM and Consensus Institute training.
Program and Project Management
• Proven ability to multi-task and work under deadline.
• Skill and ability for developing and maintaining diverse professional partnerships.
• Experience raising funds from foundations, government, and private donors.
• Financial management competence.
• Written and oral communication skills.
Work Habits and Personality
• Strong initiative and leadership skills, a self-starter
• Highly organized.
• Able to inspire confidence in the work of SANE.
• Capability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to listen and consider the views of diverse interests.
• Capacity to think strategically—keep eye on the day-to-day details and big picture.
• Confidence to ask tough questions and make difficult decisions.
• Willingness to be flexible and adaptive when needed
• Strong sense of self-awareness and willingness to seek advice and input from others.
• Easy manner with the ability to interact and build relationships with people that span rural and urban cultures.
It will require walking over uneven terrain, navigating vegetation, fences, and waterways on rangelands sometimes under adverse conditions. It will require sitting at a desk and using a computer for extended periods of time, use of standard office equipment such as computers and copiers. Some physical lifting (up to 30 lbs.) may be required.