Member relations and event planning interns work closely with the administrator, event planner and development director. They will take part in the foundations of Toxics Action Center’s work, helping with fundraising efforts and planning our annual activist conference. Toxic Action Center’s annual conference brings together residents and environmental organizations from across the state. Help set up and manage New England’s largest gathering of grassroots environmental activists and gain experience planning events, coordinating logistics, and recruitment.
- Creatively communicate Toxics Action Center’s work to members with mail and media.
- Secure donations of food and prizes for events.
- Assist with managing conference and fundraising event logistics.
- Recruit activists and members to attend events.
- Do outreach to publicize events.
- Work to get Toxics Action Center in the media by helping with press events and writing letters to the editor.
- Maintain and organize records of donors, member lists, trainings and more.
- Create action alerts for members to weigh-in with decision makers on important issues.
- Assist with general administrative tasks.
- Commitment to environmental issues and social change
-Strong communication and writings skills
- Desire to develop event planning and outreach skills
- Social media aptitude
- Must learn quickly and work efficiently
Please direct resume and cover letter (addressed to Megan Stokes) to email@example.com