The Senior Camp Counselor reports directly to the Camp Supervisor and is responsible for the primary supervision of all camp participants. Senior Camp Counselors will be responsible for the daily administration of the Summer Camp Program, including: ensuring the well-being and safety of all participants, administering labs and activities, providing daily feedback to the Programs Coordinator, filling out paperwork and maintaining daily logs, and maintaining a fun and safe environment for the participants. The Senior Counselor is also charged with supervising the Junior Camp Counselors as well as the Counselors – In –Training.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead campers through hands-on activities, labs, presentations, field trips, and experiments.
• Ensure that campers at all times are supervised and maintain a safe and enjoyable camp environment.
• Responsible for the direct supervision of Junior Camp Counselors and Counselors-in-Training (CIT’s); act as a leader and mentor for Junior Counselors and CIT’s, providing them with instructions for daily activities.
• Maintain a well-organized system to track each camper’s medical conditions as well as photo release restrictions.
• Keep track of supplies for camp and convey any camp needs to the education department staff.
• Ensure participants are safe (properly hydrated, playing areas are free of hazards, etc.); perform head-counts of participants throughout the day.
• Follow all protocols found in the camp standard operating procedures.
• Interact and communicate with parents/guardians during drop-off and pick-up times.
• Assign duties for daily set-up and clean-up of the camp area.
• Carrying/keep track of activity supplies throughout campus as well off site.
Previous work with summer camps or interaction with large groups of children. Must also have experience in some fields of science such as biology, marine biology, ecology as well as a general knowledge of Florida ecosystems. Outgoing and energetic personality.
Public speaking, organization, leading small groups. CPR and Lifeguard certification preferred. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by his employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Please submit resume, cover letter and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org