Benchmark Ecological Services, Inc. (www.benchmarkeco.com) is an environmental consulting and services company located approximately 30 minutes west of Houston, Texas. Benchmark offers a wide range of services including: ecological assessment, eco-toxicology, environmental impact studies, wetland delineations, environmental permitting, environmental sampling (water, sediment, and biota), wetland design/construction/restoration, and wildlife ecology.
Benchmark is currently searching for an Environmental Scientist to work on wetland related and environmental sampling projects. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience in the conduct of wetland determinations, USACOE 404 permitting. Experience in the Galveston/Ft. Worth/New Orleans Corps Districts is a plus and environmental sampling. Candidates should have a strong working knowledge of:
• State and federal permitting procedures for wetland issues
• Plant taxonomy
• Hydric soil indicators
• Wetland hydrology
• Wetland permitting
• Mitigation plans
• ESRI GIS software
• Environmental sampling including water, sediment, tissue, soil and pore-water
• GPS operation
Typical Position Tasks
• Conduct wetland delineations.
• Manage labor, logistics, and budgets on wetland field projects.
• Write wetland delineation and threatened and endangered species reports.
• Develop/implement mitigation plans.
• Work directly with clients and regulatory agencies.
• Support field projects in other environmental disciplines.
• Participate in marketing and marketing support.
• Strong communication and writing skills.
• Bachelor level or higher degree in environmental or related sciences.
• 5+ yrs experience in conducting/managing wetland delineations and 404 permitting.
• Comfortable operating ATVs.
• Available to work away from the office.
• GIS software experience.
• Existing client relationships a plus.