Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position provides full benefits.
Last Date to Apply
The Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management at UC Berkeley is looking for a highly motivated chemical
analysis research and instrumentation specialist. This position engages in environmental chemical research and is responsible for
development, evaluation and maintenance of instrumentation and analytical methods for determination and quantification of organic chemical
species in environmental samples. The incumbent will provide expertise, training, and supervision to other lab personnel requiring chemical
analysis for research efforts leading to publications in environmental science, chemical science, and technical journals.
• Master’s degree, or equivalent degree in Physical or Life Sciences, or a related field.
Experience in preparation of scientific publications.
• Authorship in peer-reviewed scientific publications.
• Demonstrated collaborative and communication skills applicable to academic research.
• 5+ years’ experience in development and application of chemical analytical systems including gas chromatography, electron impact,
proton transfer reaction, and VUV ionization mass spectrometry, aerosol thermal desorption, and spectrophotometry.
• Professional-level experience in software and electronics development and computational data analysis equivalent to 5+ years in
• Mechanical and electrical engineering skills enabling independent development of new instrumental systems