Tetra Tech has an opening for a wildlife field technician near Jamestown, ND. The primary responsibility of the position is to support the implementation of a post-construction fatality monitoring program at an operational wind facility. The program is inclusive of fatality searches, searcher efficiency trials and carcass persistence trials. Candidates will be adhering to standardized protocols as trained, working with a field crew and keeping detailed datasheets in combination with electronic data collection. Candidates must be able to effectively handle exposure to weather extremes, safely document fatalities and handle carcasses and be comfortable working alone. Field technician may work independently or in small crews and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with each other, Tetra Tech supervisors and site management. Technicians will be required to follow all wind facility-specific and Tetra Tech safety protocols and will be expected to provide their own suitable footwear (steel-toed hiking boots) and field gear. The field work begins as soon as possible before July 7, 2017 and continues for two (2) years through March, 2019. Work is part-time, averaging 10 hours per week spring through fall. The technicians will be responsible for their own housing throughout the study period.
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not all-inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position. Tetra Tech reserves the right to modify this job description, job requirements, and job duties as necessary.
• Good bird and/or bat identification skills for species in the region;
• Prior field experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology or equivalent degree preferred. Individuals currently seeking degree and/or other enthusiastic workers are encouraged to apply;
• Must be able to work independently and with others, and interact positively with project managers, clients, and landowners;
• Candidates experienced in raptor identification/behaviors will be given preference;
• Experience with 4x4 vehicles, valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
• Skilled use of topographic maps, GPS units, and other field equipment;
• Must be able to follow instructions from manager and collect precise and thorough data; and
• Skilled with communication, have the ability to maintain positive attitude and to accept guidance and constructive criticism.
To apply for this position
Contact email@example.com and include in ONE (not separate attachments) .doc or .pdf file that contains the following:
1. Cover letter stating why you are the best candidate for this position
2. Resume which includes dates of employment, and the address and phone number for each employer.
3. Three references with phone numbers and email