The Wildlife Research Biologist will assist the West Region research team in conducting wildlife research studies. S/he will assist the supervisor with planning, designing and conducting research concerning the biology and requirements of wildlife species in Oregon; and assist with compiling, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting the research results. The Wildlife Research Biologist will serve managers and biologists in the Department's West Region which encompasses all of western Oregon, west of the Cascades crest. These two positions will be working most closely with district offices in southwest Oregon. The research team has assisted wildlife staff in several Oregon locations and makes significant contributions to departmental policies and species oriented plans. Recent research efforts have been instrumental in managing black bear, cougar, elk, mule deer and black-tailed deer.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Fisheries or Wildlife Science or a closely-related Bachelor's degree with at least 45 quarter (30 semester) hours of biological/ecological coursework; or three years’ biological experience performing studies, research, or resource management activities in a fish or wildlife program.
Preference given to applicants with experience:
• Managing wildlife
• Handling, trapping, and capturing wildlife
• Making oral presentations, responding to requests from the public and media
• Operating all terrain vehicles, immobilization and telemetry equipment
• Using firearms
• Using different types of computer software and communication mediums
• Investigating wildlife
• Writing progress reports, technical reports or scientific publications
• Gathering data, performing statistical analysis on data, preparing reports, and database error checking
• With various extreme outdoor skills
Preference may be given to applicants who have a Wildlife Immobilization Certificate and a current First Aid and CPR Certificate.
Contact: Apply online at: www.odfw.com/hr
You must apply online. E-mailed, faxed, mailed, or hand-delivered applications will not be accepted.