Cheesemans’ Ecology Safaris seeks an adept, organized, resourceful Wildlife Safari Coordinator with impeccable attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to excellent customer service. You will ensure the quality and integrity of Cheesemans’ tours by overseeing and executing administrative tasks, collaboratively assisting other coordinators, and interacting with clients to provide an exceptional experience that increases overall client satisfaction. A strong commitment to continuously improve knowledge of Cheesemans’ tours and contribute ideas and talents to make Cheesemans’ a premier wildlife safari company are vital. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities • Build and maintain strong rapport with clients, operators, and leaders
• Manage all details of client reservations, including but not limited to sending reservation materials, requesting information from clients, and maintaining notes on client communications
• General office support, including but not limited to data entry, payment processing, answering phones, and auditing database for errors and oversights
• Secure tour reservations with operators and leaders in a timely manner
• Create and update tour itineraries and annual travel guide to entice travelers
• Manage tour budgets
• Create, update, and send trip materials to participants
• Send participant information to operators and leaders
• Follow up on tour and information inquiries in a timely manner
• Maintain quality control of company policies for standardized document formatting and content
• Optional after hours, on-call work
• Associate's degree, Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
• Enthusiasm for Cheesemans’ Ecology Safaris’ mission
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Impeccable attention to detail while conscious of the bigger picture
• Initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deadlines
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (copy writing and editing experience a plus)
• Commitment to providing the highest quality customer service
• Experience working in a small, fast-paced office environment with many interruptions
• Proficiency with computers and related software applications, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
• Technical aptitude to learn new technologies, software systems, etc.
• Competency with math and basic accounting
• Passion for travel and wildlife, international and domestic travel experience is a plus
• Sales experience is a plus
• Marketing experience is a plus
• Customer service experience is a plus
About Cheesemans’ Ecology Safaris Cheesemans’ Ecology Safaris’ mission is to create life-changing safari experiences. We create a personal connection with our travelers and strive to be a positive force for conservation and science. We are a small tour company of five employees in Los Gatos, California with 37 years of experience organizing and leading safaris to explore exotic destinations chosen for their abundant wildlife, nature experiences, and photography opportunities.
Job Terms and How to Apply This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Los Gatos office (9am to 5pm). Compensation based on aptitude and experience, but starting at $20.16 to $21.22 per hour, including travel opportunities, paid sick and vacation time, health insurance, and SIMPLE IRA.
Please send a cover letter, resume, brief answers to the following questions (separate from your cover letter), and a link to a video introducing yourself  via email. Position is open until filled, but we will start to review applications by April 17, 2017. Make your email subject: “Wildlife Safari Coordinator Application – [Your Name].” No phone calls please. You must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in the United States. We thank all interested candidates – we will contact only those selected for an interview.
1. What motivates and excites you about this position?
2. What do you think will be your greatest contribution to our small company?
3. What are your career goals?
4. What do you think are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
5. Describe how you’ve managed and prioritized tasks.
6. Tell us about a time you helped resolve an issue with a customer or coworker.
7. Tell us about the most impressive thing that you have built or achieved.
8. Where did you see this job post?
 Application Video: Create a one to two minute video to introduce yourself and tell us about a personal wildlife or nature experience. Upload it to YouTube (mark as unlisted if you don’t want other people to find it; don’t mark it as private or disallow embedding, or we won’t see it). Just talk to us, so no editing, music, graphics, etc.