Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
2 PhD Assistantships: Big Data and Fish Invasions – South Carolina/Louisiana
Clemson and LSU
Clemson and Baton Rouge
Last Date to Apply
2 PhD positions are available in the labs Drs. Brandon Peoples and Steve Midway. The students will work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team from multiple institutions to investigate continental patterns of riverine fish invasions. We seek a diverse group of students who are enthusiastic about interdisciplinary research at the nexus of big data, community ecology, and fish conservation. Duties will range from developing and working with a large fish database, to analyzing ecological patterns of invasions, among many other things.
Preferred start date is January 2021, but remote or delayed start is negotiable
Application reviews will begin 05 October 2020, and will continue until the positions are filled.
• A master’s degree in ecology, biology, fisheries/aquatic science or equivalent
• Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal, and quantitative skills
• GPA and GRE scores sufficient for admission into the Clemson or LSU Graduate School
Ideal candidates will have some combination of experience in:
• Community ecology
• Invasion ecology
• Statistical analysis using R
• Working with large datasets
• Hierarchical modeling