The Georgia Department of Natural Resources is seeking camp counselors for the 2018 Junior Naturalist Summer Camp program at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center in Mansfield, Georgia.
If you love working with children, wildlife and being outdoors, this is the place for you!
College students and 2018 high school graduates are eligible to apply. Primary responsibilities include leading outdoor programs and activities for day and residential camps. Programs focus on wildlife conservation, outdoor sporting and survival skills, and Georgia natural history.
Applicants must be enthusiastic, responsible, and willing to go the extra mile to provide a great camp experience for every child. Preference will be given to those candidates with previous camp counseling experience and/or those working toward a wildlife or education-related degree.
This 11-week position begins on May 21, 2018. This position pays $350/week and free onsite housing is available.
Deadline for applications: March 31, 2018
Go to www.georgiawildlife.com for application information or contact Pete Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications need to include the following:
1. A state application from the state of Georgia.
2. Attach 3 reference letters to the application. Choose references that can describe your character, career goals, and your abilities. Good choices are professors/teachers, college advisors, employers, etc.
3. Attach a transcript of your grades. A copy will suffice (does not require official seal).
4. Attach a 1-page statement describing your interest in the position of Camp Counselor at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center. The statement should address the following where applicable:
• Your interest and/or experience in working as a camp counselor
• Your interest and/or experience working with children
• Your personal experience as a former camper
• How this position will benefit your future
5. Attach a copy of your driver’s license and any relevant, current certifications you hold (CPR, First Aid, Project WILD, etc)
Return the entire application with the attachments to:
Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center
543 Elliott Trail
Mansfield, Georgia 30055
ATTN: Pete Griffin, 2018 Camp Counselor