Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), is one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data that allow us to provide original solutions to a wide range of natural resource issues from inventory to permitting to risk assessment to basic research. WEST has an immediate opening for a full-time Administrative Coordinator for the Middle Rio Grande Endangered Species Collaborative Program (Program). The Program is a partnership composed of 16 federal, state, municipal, tribal, non-profit, and university signatories working on high-level scientific issues to improve the status of endangered species along the Middle Rio Grande, while also protecting existing and future regional water uses. The job is located in the Albuquerque, New Mexico area and is full-time temporary for a 90-day probationary period, with the opportunity to advance to full-time regular status after 90 days.
The successful candidate will have prior administrative experience in an office environment supporting a variety of projects, and with regularly performing simple to complex activities. The Administrative Coordinator will provide support to the Program Manager (PM), WEST staff, and other Program staff. The primary function of the position is to keep project-related and day-to-day office processes running smoothly. The Administrative Coordinator’s work will include the following:
• Provide general administrative and logistical support for an entire office and project.
• Provide office support by maintaining open and clear communication; tracking schedules, action items, and deadlines; and ensuring client and staff needs are met as the project evolves.
• Provide high-level technical note-taking and documentation support for all Program meetings.
• Coordinate meeting logistics including scheduling, securing meeting rooms, emailing notices, tracking RSVPs, coordinating with participants and presenters, and setup and cleanup of meeting rooms.
• Oversee purchasing and inventory for office supplies and equipment.
• Assist with drafting, reviewing, and editing Program and project papers, reports, and other documents.
• Maintain databases and Program records including client and stakeholder contact information, and an annual administrative record.
• Work with the PM and other WEST staff to coordinate issues that the Administrative Coordinator cannot resolve.
• Maintain neutrality and a high-level of professionalism with Program signatories, stakeholders, and members of the public.
• Build and maintain professional relationships with clients, stakeholders, agency heads, scientists, WEST staff, and the PM.
• Participate with Program and WEST staff in field work, site visits, outreach events, and client meetings as needed.
• Communicate ideas for improving company and project processes with a positive and constructive attitude.
• Other duties as assigned.
This is a general description of the functions for this position, and is not inclusive of the duties which may be associated with the position.
The Administrative Coordinator we are seeking has a great opportunity to help WEST manage a successful Program. The ideal candidate would have the following:
• 3 years’ experience in a project/program support role, including note-taking for meetings and meeting planning.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills including attention to detail, taking and following direction, and multitasking abilities.
• Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google products, and other project management tools.
• Strong technical note-taking, writing, and editing ability.
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
• Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
• Scientific background or understanding.
• BS/BA preferred
Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check; a pre-employment drug screen; and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. Candidates must adhere to all health and safety requirements.
Join WEST and you will discover a company comprised of dedicated employees, many of which have been part of the WEST family for over a decade. WEST is an employee owned organization with a tradition of professional integrity dedicated to a family atmosphere and a diverse workforce.
• Competitive salary and bonus structure
• Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• SEP IRA (100% employer contributions)
• Life insurance, Long Term Disability and AD&D
• Profit sharing potential
• Excellent administrative support
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.
Click “Apply Now” (or visit the www.west-inc.com website and select the job in which you are applying for). The application system allows for only one attachment (.doc or .pdf file) so combine the following prior to uploading:
1. Cover letter convincing the hiring manager why they should interview you
2. Resume which includes education, current and prior employment (with dates, address and phone number for each employer)
3. Three professional references (preferably those that have supervised you in the past) with phone numbers and email addresses