Loomacres Wildlife Management is seeking applicants for a Wildlife Biologist
Candidate will perform nuisance wildlife mitigation, including surveys, avian harassment, nest removal, specimen sampling, and occasional depredation. May require travel. Must be able to reside within a reasonable distance from the assigned work locations. Ideal candidates will fill work shifts covering morning, nights and evenings.
Ideal candidates will have up-beat personalities, dedication, passion for the work, and eagerness to learn. Candidates must be able to work independently, and as part of a team, to accomplish required tasks. Extensive travel within the region will be required. Ability to learn and perform occasional classroom trainings at airports will be required.
Candidates must be willing to work all tasks including but not limited to data entry, and client interaction as needed. Strong report writing skills required.
Preference will be given to applicants with a degree, or equivalent, in wildlife biology, wildlife management, biology, ecology, zoology or a closely related field. However, if the ideal candidate is found, we are willing to train from beginner’s level.
Experience conducting wildlife harassment and control required. Hunting and Trapping experience required. Please note that individuals with knowledge and skills in the preferred areas will be given higher preference.
• Must be over 21
• Must be able to pass a stringent background check and drug test
• Basic computer skills including; Microsoft office, use of email, and internet
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Punctuality and reliability
• Be willing to follow through on assignments to their completion
• Must be able to work outdoors and remain on your feet for extended periods
• Full drivers license with clean driving record. PLEASE SUBMIT DRIVERS ABSTRACT WITH YOUR RESUME. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• Must be able to acquire a firearm/shotgun permit