This position is full time and will run from December 2020 to May 2021 and may repeat yearly. Working under a lead biologist the candidate will conduct surveys and perform wildlife mitigation.
Firearms and trapping experience highly desirable.
Minimum qualifications: Must be a Qualified Airport Wildlife Biologist. A bachelor's degree in wildlife biology, wildlife management, range management, biology, ecology, zoology or a closely related field, PLUS two years of professional work experience in wildlife management, research or habitat management, OR a master's degree in wildlife biology, wildlife management, biology, ecology, zoology, range management or a closely related field.
Candidate MUST have the following Knowledge and Skills:
* Bird identification skills (By sight and sound)
* Must be able to pass a stringent background check and drug test
* Basic computer skills including; Microsoft office, use of email, and internet
* Strong communication and writing skills
* Be willing to follow through on assignments to their completion
* Be able to publicly present findings, recommendations, and train others on wildlife control as it relates to airfields.
* Work with local wildlife/natural resource agencies
* Work with public/private entities surrounding airfields
* Must be able to work outdoors and remain on your feet for extended periods
* Firearms experience
* Clean driving record
* Wildlife trapping skills – Both Mammals and Birds
* Experience working at an airport
* Familiar with the use of firearms and abatement practices a plus
* Bird strike reporting Experience
* Conducting wildlife harassment and control.