Saltwater will be submitting a proposal for a 5-year contract to provide observers for the 2019 Alaska Groundfish Observer Program Partial Coverage Contract. We anticipate that the solicitation will be released in November 2018 and due approximately 30 days later, if Saltwater is the successful bidder. Work begin date is based on when the bid is awarded.
We are looking for two to three, qualified people who would be interested in working full-time as Observer Coordinators in ports throughout Alaska (most likely Kodiak and Dutch Harbor) who can handle complicated day-to-day logistics while keeping an eye on the big picture. The coordinators will manage day-to-day logistics and will be responsible for including, but not limited to:
• Communications with observers on a daily basis
• Conduct placement meetings
• Communication with captains and owners of fishing vessels
• Monitoring notifications from the Deployment System
• Updating Vessel Assignment Information
• Recruit prior observers
• Organizing all observer travel logistics
• Contacting observers to inform them of assignments
• Conducting pre-deployment meetings
• Checking that observers return all sampling and safety gear to NMFS
• Scheduling debriefings
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience as an Observer Coordinator or Manager/Supervisor of people. Must be demonstrated work experience.
• Worked as an Observer; if it is specific to the observer program you are applying to, that’s a bonus.
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Fisheries, Natural Science, Biology, Marine Biology, etc.
• Be a U.S. citizen
To notify us of your interest, please send your resume and a cover letter by November 16, 2018 to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please include your relevant skills and experience and why you think you would be great at this job. We will honor all requests for application confidentiality.