8 days in the Amazon Rainforest of Southeastern Peru!
Join us as we explore the wildlife of the Amazon! This expedition will give participants the opportunity photograph and learn about the wildlife of the Amazon, while receiving hands-on instruction to improve as a wildlife photographer. CECCOT is a nonprofit fully dedicated to conservation, sustainability, and education in the Madre de Dios of Peru. Therefore, during the trip participants will explore ways to connect wildlife photography to education and conservation in the region and beyond.
Trip includes jungle hikes, exploring the rainforest canopy, night wildlife photography, numerous boat trips, an overnight to Lake Sandoval (one of the best places to observe Giant River Otters), a visit to a macaw/parrot clay lick, and abundant wildlife spotting opportunities.
Visit our website and read "how to participate" for more information!
1. Eagerness to contribute to conservation of biodiversity
2. Willingness to spend 8 days in the Amazon Rainforest
3. Experience with hiking and camping is useful
4. Yellow fever vaccine required
5. Travel insurance required
6. DSLR Camera, Telephoto Lens, 50 mm lens or lower, tripod
7. All photography experiences levels welcome!
(We will help you with any questions regarding logistics with vaccines, insurance, and further travel issues.)
To apply visit https://www.ceccot.org/how-to-participate/.
Cost of expedition is $1450. Price drops to $1300 with 12 participants. Space is limited! $725 deposit is due one week after registration. All food, water, lodging is covered!!
Please email if you have any questions.