Billy Franks Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge
AmeriCorps Members: • Earn *$1203/month living stipend* (approximate amount based on last year ’ s figures) • Are covered by health insurance and Labor and Industries Insurance • Receive an Education Award of *$5,815 for prior student loans or future education (approximate amount based on last year ’ s figures) • May postpone student loan repayments while employed.
Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge
Has 1 opening for an AmeriCorps Member to serve as the Refuge’s
Environmental Education Coordinator
Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge in Olympia Washington is
seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Refuge’s Environmental
Education Coordinator . The position involves coordination of school field trips,
classroom lessons, teacher training, and education program development.
Position office is in Olympia, Washington.
To apply, visit: visit https://washingtonservicecorps.org
For more information contact:
Davy Clark , Education Program Manager
Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually NWR, 100 Brown Farm Rd. Olympia, WA 9851 6
• A degree in education, environmental education, Biology, or similar
• Experience working with students, teachers, and volunteers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent computer and organizational skills
• The ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
This person serves as an AmeriCorps member administered by the Washington
State Employment Security Department and must also meet the following
• Must be at least 1 8 years of age
• Must be willing to serve 40 hrs/week, September 1st, 2018 – July 15th, 2019
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or a National, or Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED, or agree to obtain one while serving.