Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct Discover Nature Fishing angler education programs.
• Recruit, train and maintain a cadre of active angler education volunteers. Recruit volunteers for angler education program by promoting program to various angling groups and interested individuals.
• Coordinate program schedule with volunteers, partners, participants, and numerous community groups.
• Coordinate program registration, complete activity reports, and aid in reservations at designated angler education fishing locations.
• Maintain region-wide record of all angler instructors, aides, participants, and courses.
• Assist assigned region with expanded rod and reel loaner program by promoting to angler education volunteers for involvement and maintenance of equipment.
• Maintain the Discover Nature Fishing rods and reels and teaching trunk equipment. Purchase fishing equipment and bait as needed.
• Assist Outreach and Education division with a limited series of one-day workshops to train teachers and other group leaders on how to teach the Discover Nature Fishing and Nature Unhooked program materials.
• Other duties as assigned
• Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent required.
• One year of experience working with volunteer organizations, either as a staff member or volunteer.
• Angling knowledge and strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with volunteers of all ages and backgrounds.
• Diverse experience with volunteer training/coordination/supervision.
• Public speaking skills and a basic knowledge of angling, angling techniques, and the ability to diagnose and do basic repair of fishing equipment preferred.
• Knowledge of basic first aid.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills.
• Ability to work outdoors in varied terrain and weather conditions.
• Missouri vehicle operator’s license.
Apply by sending a resume or contacting the person listed.