Animal Care Specialist/ Handler-Rhinos/Hoofstock: Canyon Exotic Game Ranch
Canyon Exotic Game Ranch
Full time Positions
Last Date to Apply
Summary/Purpose of Position:
This position will be responsible for the daily care and management of Exotic hoofstock, giraffe and holding areas. The position will include some maintenance responsibilities. This position will also be trained to fill in as needed within other areas of the Animal Care Department and report to appropriate supervisors.
Specific/Mandatory Duties- The essential responsibilities of the Animal Care Specialist – Exotic/Hoofstock include, but are not limited to the following:
• Daily care and management of Exotic species.
• The ability to maintain the facilities
• Daily care and management of programs within the animal collection
• Accurate record keeping
• Routine facilities cleaning, monitoring and maintenance--including but not limited to, fences, holding pens, grounds, etc.
• Assist with animal medical and management procedures as needed
• Provide information to other departments as needed
• Handle and restrain animals during animal management procedures
• Provide inventory information on animals.
• Regular and dependable attendance is required.
• Be available for after-hours and weekend call out in emergencies
• Able to lift and carry 75 pounds.
• Be able to bend over.
• Ability to spend up to 2/3 of the work day standing/walking.
• Ability to work outside all day in weather ranging from extreme heat--100+ degrees, to extreme cold--below freezing and in wet conditions.
The secondary responsibilities of the Animal Care Specialist – Hoofstock include but are not limited to the following:
• The ability to work in areas outside of the primary area as needed
• On call as needed per emergency situations
• Assist other Animal Care Department members as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Qualities, Experience and Educational Skills:
• Degree in Biology, Zoology, or related degree
• At least two years of practical experience hoofed stock animals
• Basic knowledge of animal care/animal science and nutrition
Usually a 5-day work week, often requiring flexibility and ability to work weekends and holidays.
Irregular scheduling in which days may exceed 8 hours. This is determined within the department.
Please submit your resume and references today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected classification under federal and state law.
CEGR is an “at will” and equal opportunity employer. It should be noted that it is company policy to conduct background checks on potential new employees, inclusive of testing for drugs and controlled substance use.