Implementing daily animal care procedures as delegated by the Lead Animal Caretaker. This will include but is not limited to food preparation, food delivery, habitat cleaning/maintenance, general facility cleaning/maintenance, and enrichment/training.
• Record notes and observations about each animal every day. At a minimum, notes will include what the animal has eaten, information about training and enrichment sessions, medical issues, and/or other observations.
• Assist Education Director as necessary so the residents are managed properly during educational programming.
• Participate in education programming by guiding tours, engaging in keeper talks, and interacting with visitors.
• Assist in any animal related emergencies. Maintain knowledge of all
• Assist with fundraising events as necessary.
• Work with volunteers and interns.
• Other duties include hauling water/supplies, snow removal, grounds maintenance, organizing storage facilities.
• Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time in all weather conditions, particularly in extreme cold and deep snow.
• Must be able to regularly lift at least 50 pounds.
• Must easily and for prolonged periods of time, be able to stand, walk, bend, reach, and stoop.
• Required: Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Required: Strong organizational skills, reliable, and must have the ability to work independently
as well as a team
• Required: Ability to pay close attention to detail and react accordingly to sudden changes or situations
• Required: No criminal record (verified by criminal background check)
• Required: A valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
• Required: Associate’s degree or higher in wildlife biology, wildlife management, zoology, animal husbandry, or related field.
• Preferred: At least six months experience caring for wild animals in captivity
• Preferred: Drive a standard transmission.
• Preferred: Experience working in a non-profit setting
Please email cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com