Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch Internship Opportunities
The Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR), a world-renowned animal sanctuary that is home to almost 1,000 domestic and exotic animals, many of whom have been rescued from near-death situations such as slaughterhouses, biomedical research laboratories, and trophy hunting ranches, offers a variety of internship opportunities for young professionals looking to gain experience in the field of animal welfare.
1) Animal Care Internships (Equine, Primate, and Wildlife)
o Animal Care Interns have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on animal care experience, knowledge about a variety of species, and exposure to the operations of an animal care center.
2) Sanctuary Facilities Internship
o CABBR seeks Sanctuary Facilities Interns to assist the Facilities Department with the daily maintenance of the sanctuary. The facilities internship primarily involves land management responsibilities, but also incorporates maintenance tasks as well. Duties include landscaping, irrigation, enclosure modification, and vehicle maintenance.
3) Veterinary Technician Internship
o Veterinary Technician Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside our veterinary staff to learn and perform various animal husbandry and medical duties while gaining valuable sanctuary experience.
4) Education and Outreach Internship
o The Education and Outreach Intern will learn about and gain experience in humane education, community outreach, event planning, social media and public speaking.
For a detailed description of each internship and where to apply: http://www.fundforanimals.org/blackbeauty/internships
Questions? Contact Christi Gilbreth, Intern Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships are available quarterly (Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter).
Internships are 12 weeks in length @ 40 hours per week. Interns are offered a $50/week stipend. Limited housing is available.
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
- Must be minimum 18 years old
- Able to meet the requirements outlined in the Essential Capabilities document with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must provide proof of a negative tuberculosis (TB) test; Tetanus and pre-exposure rabies vaccinations recommended but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to maintain professionalism
- Possess a strong personal work ethic
Contact Christi Gilbreth, Intern Coordinator: email@example.com