$15.00+ per hour plus full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, and more!
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking an Animal Caregiver I for our Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR) in Murchison, TX. Your main responsibility will be to provide care to animals at CABBR within our Wildlife division.
You will be responsible for:
• Preparing and administering feed and maintaining prescribed diet for animals within an assigned department at Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch;
• Providing daily care and observation of animals, including grooming and corralling as in keeping with seasonally changing needs;
• Preparing animal diets;
• Cleaning and providing daily upkeep for enclosures, habitats, and office areas;
• Maintaining and repairing enclosures, pastures, and habitats including mowing, landscaping, and assistance with construction of new facilities;
• Preparing and implementing behavioral management and enrichment programs;
• Applying classical conditioning and positive reinforcement techniques to train animals for feeding, sociability, and willingness to accept medical treatment;
• Dispensing prescriptions as directed and assisting with ordering and maintaining medical inventory;
• Providing basic first aid, therapeutic, and rehabilitative care to animals. Assisting the Veterinary team with procedures, animal transport, and chemical capture as appropriate;
• Assisting with overseeing interns and volunteers in assigned department, including reporting and handling concerns and providing mentorship;
• Supervising interns and volunteers as needed;
• Performs other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent required;
• One (1) year of experience in wildlife care preferred;
• Must have or be able to obtain and maintain up-to-date rabies prophylaxis and titer and TB testing;
• Willing and able to work a flexible schedule;
• Proficiency of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
• Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
High school diploma, clear background and motor vehicle check, COVID vaccine required