Our animal care department is hiring! We are looking for motivated individuals interested in becoming an Animal Keeper for the AWCC; this is a full-time, year round position. The application period is open until the position is filled. Visit https://www.alaskawildlife.org/jobs/ to view a complete job description. Main duties and responsibilities include general husbandry and care, as well as training, enrichment, and assisting with veterinary procedures. To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references (with phone and email contacts) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applicants will be requested to consent to a background check in the final stages of the application process. Check-out our webpage to “meet the locals” and introduce yourself to some of the characters you may get the chance to work with at www.alaskawildlife.org!
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Start date as early as March, 2021.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work in a team environment to help achieve AWCC’s goals and objectives.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent customer services skills.
• Exceptional work ethic, attention to detail and time management skills.
• Abilities to lift 80lbs, bend, reach, stand, crawl, and work in a drastically changing weather environment.
• Ability to compromise, listen, learn, understand, and follow instructions and directions.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees.
• Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance as needed.
• Ability/willingness to learn and pass on to customers those areas of interest to visitors, such as local history, people, culture, geography, etc.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
• Proven ability to effectively lead in a fast-paced environment.
• Efficient, organizational skills, time management and ability to multitask.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• A Bachelor of Science degree in the animal sciences field
• A minimum of 1 year of related experience.
• Rabies Vaccination
• A positive attitude and strong work ethic.