Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Aquatic Invasive Species Diver: Upstate New York
Invasive Solutions Dive Company
Upstate New York
$17.50 - $20.00
Last Date to Apply
2021 Seasonal full-time Diver positions available for June – October
This position requires a SCUBA diver with a PADI Open Water certification (or equivalent.) Divers will remove aquatic invasive plants from various lakes throughout the Adirondacks. No previous work with aquatic invasive plants is needed. Divers will be trained how to properly identify and remove aquatic invasive plants if hired. Housing for divers will be provided if necessary for the duration of the work season. Housing will be permitted for employees of Invasive Solutions ONLY. No pets allowed.
• Work typically runs Monday – Thursday 8am-6pm; four 10-hour work days. Weekends are Friday Saturday and Sunday, unless there is a holiday during the normal work week in which case we will work on a Friday.
• Load personal gear and daily work equipment on the boat at the start of the day and off load it all at the end of the day.
• Be prepared to dive up to 8 hours per day while hand harvesting aquatic invasive plants
• Describe to the crew leader details about AIS growth in the work site.
• Off load all bags of AIS from the boat and dump the contents into the provided trailer during or at the end of the work day.
• Perform tasks instructed by the crew leader
• Clean the boat and remove any trash at the end of the day.
• PADI SCUBA certified (or equivalent)
• High school diploma (or equivalent)
• Reliable source of transportation to and from work site
• Valid Driver’s License
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work well in groups
• Carry up to 50-60 lbs. to various distances
**Divers must provide their own wetsuits, dive weights, mask, snorkel, and fins. Management will provide air related equipment (BC and regulator). If interested in a dive position with Invasive Solutions Dive Company LLC. for the 2021 season or have further questions please email a resume to Steven Dvorak at firstname.lastname@example.org