TWRA is seeking to fill a Fisheries Biologist position listed under the WILDLIFE MANAGER 3 Class based out of Davidson County, TN. This position will serve as the Statewide Aquatic Nuisance Species Coordinator, implementing agency established programs to assess non-native aquatic species populations such as Asian Carp, coordinating grants, and leading stakeholder interactions.
• Coordinates with TWRA staff, state/local agencies, and governmental representatives on issues relating to aquatic nuisance species and freshwater fisheries resources.
• Plans, coordinates, and executes field collections.
• Conducts statistical analysis of data.
• Responsible for coordination, preparation and editing of grant proposals and technical reports.
• Provides technical assistance and expertise to the public through telephone, written communication, presentations, and various media outlets.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in wildlife or fisheries management, wildlife biology or other related acceptable field and experience equivalent to three years of full-time increasingly responsible professional wildlife resources work.
Additional graduate coursework in fisheries management or other related acceptable field may be substituted for the required experience, on a year-for-year basis, to a maximum of one year.