Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Aquatic Spray Technician – Florida
Ft. Myers and West Palm Beach, Florida
Full time Positions
$12-$18 per hour
Lake Masters is one of Florida's leading lake management companies. At Lake Masters our first priority is quality service. Lake Masters has eight locations throughout Florida, and we provide aquatic weed control services, wetland management services, aquatic planting services, Fountain and Aeration services and fish stocking services. Please visit our website at www.lakemasters.com for additional information about Lake Masters. We currently have in excess of 65 employees, and the great majority of them have been employed by us for a very long time, and love working for Lake Masters.
We are currently looking for an Aquatic Spray Technician for our Ft. Myers and West Palm Beach locations. If you love to work outdoors on your own, then you should be interested in this position. A successful applicant will be a self motivated individual, but also a team player. The technician will be required to work from Monday-Friday. We provide our technicians with Kawasaki Mules with spray systems, Carolina Skiffs with spray systems, backpack sprayers, and training in weed identification, spray techniques, chemical mixing techniques and safety standards. Occasionally we use other specialized equipment, such as air boats and Weedoo boats. We also provide our technicians with a recent, 4 wheel drive vehicle, telephones, uniform shirts and company benefits. Company benefits include health insurance coverage, a matching 401(k) plan, paid holidays, sick days and vacation days. Dental plans are also available.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet the following job requirements:
• A high school diploma is required. Additional education is a plus. While a Florida Aquatic Spray License is not required, the successful candidate will be expected to obtain one within the first year after being hired.
• Must be able to swim.
• Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs. or more and be able to climb onto spray equipment.
• Must be in good physical condition, able to work outdoors in the hot and cold, and wet and dry conditions.
• A valid Florida Driver’s License with no significant driving violations in the past three years.
• A good personality and the ability to communicate well with our customers.
• The ability to get along with fellow-employees and to follow the directions of supervisors.
• A desire to excel and to advance within our Company.
Starting salary commensurate with experience, $12-$18 per hour
Lake Masters is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minority applicants to apply. If you are interested in this position send resume FtMyers.Admin@LakeMasters.com .
Bill Kurth, Vice President of Operations
Lake Masters Aquatic Weed Control LLC
239-707 4899 Cell