Aquatic Environments, Inc is accepting applications for Aquatic Technicians. Aquatic Technicians are responsible for aquatic vegetation and algae control in ponds and water features at public and private locations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. This job will mostly consist of applying aquatic pesticides to control pests and invasive species in a variety of environments such as: tidal mudflats, marshland, lakes and ponds. The work environment sometimes involves carrying heavy loads on steep/uneven terrains and often near water. Those holding a qualified applicator license or certification QAL/QAC with a category F (aquatics) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Basic Job Requirements:
• Ability to apply pesticides (herbicides and algaecides).
• Working in waders or wet suits to manually remove vegetation and/or debris from waterbodies.
• Must be comfortable working on boats and a proficient swimmer.
• Must be able eligible to drive company vehicles.
• Use of mechanical equipment to remove aquatic and riparian vegetation from waterbodies and embankments.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Ability to obtain Chemical/ Pest Applicators Licenses (QAL or QAC)
• Experience with pesticides handling and safety.
• Operation of small boats.
• Ability to install/repair plumbing, pumps and/or compressors for aeration/circulation systems.
• Basic construction skills.
• Spanish speaking a plus.
The benefits package for eligible employees includes competitive wages, paid time off, medical coverage for employee and dependents, and a 401K plan with company matching. AEI is an equal opportunity employer and views a diverse workforce as a competitive advantage. All applicants will be required to submit their social security card and valid drivers license.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration