The Archery Education Program Specialist will serve as the Department's lead coordinator and staff expert in the leadership of multi-facet statewide archery education and hunter recruitment, retention, and reactivation programs including: "National Archery in Schools Program," "Explore Bowhunting," "Scholastic 3D Archery," "Learn to Bow Hunt," "4-H Shooting Sports," and others. Additional duties include training and instructing archery instructors, coaches and students according to the curriculum established by the individual programs and assisting with the preparation, maintenance, and delivery of archery equipment for archery programs, classes, and tournaments.
- General knowledge of archery education programs, hunting and shooting sports to include working with partners, knowledge of the role of shooting sports in conservation of natural resources.
- General knowledge of archery equipment, archery companies and organizations, and safety standards.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills that enable them to interface with Department staff and constituents in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
- Experienced archer with involvement in many aspects of target shooting, training, and archery range supervision.
- Knowledge of light maintenance of archery equipment and range infrastructure.
- Experience with marketing and outreach strategies to promote and grow a successful educational program involving volunteers.