The Department of Biology seeks to hire a security-track Assistant/Associate professor of Biology for Fall 2022. In a security- track position, one is considered for professional security after six years of successful teaching. The opening is a full-time, 9-month appointment at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor of Biology beginning in August 2022. The successful candidate will contribute to curricular design and assessment, teach undergraduate courses in molecular biology, create a collaborative research project with undergraduates, advise and mentor undergraduate students, be team-oriented, and foster an inclusive and equitable work and classroom environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Teaching responsibilities include an introductory cellular course for Biology and Pre-health professional majors, a molecular biology course for Biology majors, and the possibility of teaching an upper-level course in their expertise area based on the department’s needs; Teaching load consists of a 4/4 schedule, or 12 hours a semester.
● Academic advising and mentoring students.
● Committee work as assigned by Faculty Governance Structure, and departmental service.
● Creating collaborative research projects with undergraduate science students.
A Ph.D. in molecular biology or related field is required by time of appointment.
● Preference will be given to those individuals demonstrating breadth and depth of experience and training in molecular biology as evidenced by their research and graduate transcripts.
● Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience.
● Applicants with a commitment to serving a diverse student population in an equitable and inclusive fashion are strongly encouraged to apply.