Job Duties: Assist fisheries manager in all aspects of practical and applied fisheries management including; fish population sampling, data collection, analyze and review fisheries management data, compilation of data and internal reports, monitoring lake water chemistry, and participation in outdoor education fisheries programs. Assist fisheries manager in all aspects of aquaculture/aquaponic projects including; developing aquaculture/aquaponic research projects, spawning and rearing target species, pond maintenance and harvesting, culture tank maintenance and data collection. Maintain good relationships with fishing clientele and assist members and guests in all aspects of angler related services.
Qualifications: BS degree from an accredited institution with emphasis in fish management, and practical field experience. Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Course work and practical experience in aquaculture and Aquaponics is desirable.
• Ability to: communicate effectively both written and verbal, work without constant supervision, compile and interpret sampling data, be creative in thinking and acting, statistical knowledge and age fish using scales and otoliths.
• Working knowledge in Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Good work ethic, dependability, promptness, company loyalty and pride in work.
• Must be multi-dimensional and not totally structured.
• Flexibility with respect to work hours and job assignments.
• Good physical condition is required, since there is a lot of heavy lifting involved with the job.
• Carpentry, electrical and plumbing skills are a huge benefit.
• Must be able to process fish.
• Familiarity with safety and use of power tools and tree trimming/clearing equipment.
• SCUBA certified or willing to become certified.
• Personable and able to relate to anglers of all ages and skill levels.
To Apply: email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.